Solar Tracker Retrofit and Repair
In addition to new trackers, Lauritzen supplies solutions to maintain, repair, and upgrade trackers from a variety of solar tracker manufacturers. We are often contacted after the damage has been done; for instance, after sustaining wind damage, premature motor/gearbox wear, or expiration of tracker manufacturer. We have worked with both single and dual-axis solar trackers, domestic and foreign. Our products have been successfully operated with low voltage DC motors, as well as high voltage AC motors. An additional benefit from upgrading with a Lauritzen control system is the added benefit of gaining a remote controlled and monitored tracking system.
- Deger solar trackers; Deger is using an optical sensor for solar tracker positioning. The upgrade includes installing the CX2 controller together with the IXYZ inclinometer, and azimuth motor encoder.
- Pairan solar trackers; this tracker is using 24VDC motors equipped with encoder feedback, and external limit switches. A CX2 controller, and inclinometer, is readily mated with the Pairan tracker.
- SolFocus solar trackers; the CX2 platform has been proven to be a reliable controller for SolFocus trackers.
- Feina solar trackers, or Opel dual-axis tracker; this tracker is using 12VDC motors. The upgrade process typically includes installing limit switches to improve motor longevity, a new 12VDC power supply, and possibly repairing gear-box and/or motor.
- MECA solar trackers; HVAC motors are used for both azimuth and elevation drives. Therefore an external VFD is used to mate the CX2 controller to the motors. SIT motor encoder output, and tracker limit switches are directly compatible with Lauritzen CX2 controller.
- SIT6 and SIT12; HVAC motors are used for both azimuth and elevation drives. Therefore an external VFD is used to mate the CX2 controller to the motors. SIT motor encoder output, and tracker limit switches are directly compatible with Lauritzen CX2 controller.
See the CX2 datasheet for more details.