FXCX2 Solar Tracker and Field Controller
The networked field supervisory controller FXCX2 is based on the CX2™ hardware platform, and is capable of managing a field of PVTRK2™ Field Slave Controllers, as well as its own solar tracker. Commands and monitoring data for the PVTRK2 controllers are all relayed through the FXCX2 controller. By combining the calculated position of the sun with data of tracker spacing, it is able to dispatch and monitor tracker movement commands for optimum solar tracker field energy harvesting. The FXCX2 incorporates back-tracking technology for enhanced startup and shutdown energy yield.
Lauritzen’s controllers calculate the sun’s position using the current longitude, latitude, and time of day, and position the tracking solar PV system to face the sun directly. FXCX2 can automatically detect storm conditions and safely park the solar trackers in the field, keeping the systems safe. The controllers can be monitored through an integrated local webserver, Lauritzen’s online Valhalla server, or with the Heimdal app for iOS or Android.
See the the datasheet for more details.
- Manages a field of up to 14 PVTRK2 solar tracker controllers in addition to the solar tracker controller embedded within the FXCX2 controller.
- Supports dual-axis, up to two single-axis, roll-and-tilt, or dual-axis synchronous trackers.
- Calculates solar position using an NREL solar position algorithm instead of relying on irradiance sensors.
- Can issue commands to assume Stow, Storm or Clean positions.
- Extensive fault handling and recovery in case of electro-mechanical failure.
- Basic local tracker control can be done with on-board buttons.
- Management of remote software updates, parameters for motor operation, and range limits.
- Monitoring of operational details and fault analysis.
- Automatically detects storms and broadcasts local weather data to other controller systems.
- Integrated support for initialization and remote worldwide control and monitoring with Valhalla central server.
- Integrated local webserver with access to controller parameters and status.
- Remote control via our Heimdal app.
- Monitoring of solar energy production, solar irradiation, and temperature.
- 24V DC power supply.
- IP66 Nema-4x Fiberglass enclosure.
- Connection to external precision inclinometer for elevation control.